1.When it comes to education, the majority of people believe that education is a lifetime study.
2. No one can deny the fact that a person's education is the most important aspect of his life.
3.More and more people have realized that life-long education is a must in today ’s society, without it, one will fall behind the development of the times.
1. There is no denying the fact that air pollution is an extremely serious problem，the city authorities should take strong measures to deal with it.
2. We should spare no effort to beautify our environment.
3. Environmental issue has been a common concern for the whole world, in recent years, we have witnessed global warming, desertification, sandstorm and extinction of rare species around the world.
4. In view of the seriousness of this problem, effective measures should be taken before things get worse.
5. Environmental experts point out that increasing pollution not only causes serious problems such as global warming but also could threaten to end human life on our planet.
环境学家指出： 持续增加的污染不仅会导致像全球变暖这样严重的问题， 而且还将威胁到人类在这个星球的生存。
三、Science and technology科学技术
1. In the last decades, advances in medical technology have made it possible for people to live longer than in the past.
2. People believe that computer skills will enhance their job opportunities or promotion opportunities.
3.Modern science and technology render people many advantages.
4.Modern telecommunication shortens the distance between people and makes communication much easier.
5.Internet is widely used now not only for collection of abundant information but also for correspondence.
6.Email, the most effective communication device now, is becoming very popular. Besides, telephone and mobile phone make contact more convenient than before.
7.Modern transportation, such as airplanes and high-speed trains make our journey smooth and fast.
8.Modern medicine prolongs peoples life and relieves patients of sufferings from many diseases.
1. Using bicycle contributes greatly to people's physical fitness as well as easing traffic jams.
2. We should build more highways to ease traffic jams.
3.Traffic is part of people ’s life, especially for those who live in big cities.
1.It is really a great glory for the Chinese people to hold the Olympic Games in Beijing in 2008.
2.To welcome the big event, I would do as follows, firstly, ______secondly______
3. I am totally sure that the 2008 Olympics will be the best in Olympic history.
我坚信， 2008 年奥运会将是奥运史上最棒的。
I want to be a volunteer of Beijing Olympic games. From now on, I must study English very hard.
Because English is very useful and important.，I wish I could communicate with foreign athletes in English in 2008 so that I can understand more about sports or Olympic spirits.
我想做一名北京奥运会的志愿者， 从现在开始， 我必须努力学习英语， 因为英语非常有用而且很重要，我希望 2008年我能用英语与外国运动员交流，以便我能更多的了解体育及奥运精神。
六、Women in modern society 现代社会中女人的地位
1. Women are playing an increasingly important role in society today. 女人在今天的社会中扮演了越来越重要的角色
2.With the changes in their social role, women ’s position in the family has been improved as well.
3. In spite of these changes, the liberation of women has not been completely realized.
4. Both men and women are equally important in human life and activities.
七、Economic development 经济发展
1.With the fast development of global modernization, we are enjoying an improved life.
2.China is a fast-growing economy with GDP per capita above 7% annually.
中国的经济快速增长，人均 GDP 每年超过 7%。
3.we can ’s pursue the economic developme NT at the expense of environment.
八、Harmonious society 和谐社会
1. A harmonious society should see honest, friendly and harmonious relationships and just, fair and open competition between social members
和谐社会应当意味着诚实、 友好而和谐的人际关系， 也意味着社会成员之间公正、 公平及公开的竞争。
2. The first and foremost task to build a harmonious society is to maintain sustainable and rapideconomic development.
3.Second, we should uphold the principle of governing the country by law and building a sound legal system for a harmonious society.
4.Third, we should increase employment opportunities, alleviate employment pressures and gradually establish a perfect social security system.
5. Last, the Party and government officials and civil servants should abide by laws and public morality, work conscientiously, and serve the people wholeheartedly.
6. All people should co-exist harmoniously, love and help each other, encourage each other and make an effort to contribute to the building of a harmonious society.
九、Employment pressure of college graduates 大学生就业压力
1. Employment pressure has has caused wide public concern for the time being.
2.There are a few reasons for this phenomenon, first_____,second_____third_____
3. most graduates lack working experience, basic skills and good attitude
4. To solve this issue, a more scientific education system should be established to meet the requirements of the market, at the same time, college graduates should develop in all-round ways and pay attention to the accumulation of working experience.
十、Entertainment and relaxation 休闲娱乐
1. I have a variety of hobbies such as reading, singing, dancing and playing computer games.
2 All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy只工作不玩 ,聪明的孩子也会变傻
3. I do a lot of things for relaxation in my spare time, sometimes I go to KTV with some friends, and sometimes I go to movies with my family.
业余时间我做很多事情消遣，有时候，我与几个朋友去 KTV, 而有时候，我与家人一起去看电视。
4. With the pace of life being faster and faster, we are faced with lots of stress every day, in order to relieve us out of stress; the best way I think is go for relaxation.
5. Work isn ’t everything. We work to live, not live to work. Therefore, we shoul d set aside enough time to enjoy our lives.