Ⅰ. Phonetics (10 Points)
In each of the following groups of words, there are four underlined letter combinations marked A, B, C and D. Compare the underlined parts and identify the one that is different from the others in pronunciation. Mark your answer by blackening the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet.
1.A. captain B. various C. Atlantic D. metallic
2.A. beach B. beat C. beast D. great
3.A. heat B. health C. already D. pleasant
4.A. waste B. paste C. voyage D. snake
5.A. fortune B. public C. Russia D. suffer
6.A. familiar B. family C. blanket D. factory
7.A. thrown B. follow C. brown D. shown
8.A. nineteenth B. ninth C. southern D. fifth
9.A. pull B. pollute C. true D. truth
10.A. correct B. discover C. comfort D. come
Ⅱ. Vocabulary and Structure (50 points)
There are 40 incomplete sentences in this section. For each sentence there are four choices marked A, B, C and D. Choose one answer that best completes the sentence and blacken the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet.
11. The old man found _______ on the floor.
A. lying dead B. lying death C. laying dead D. laying death
12. Grandma has no water, please ________ some for her.
A. take B. carry C. fetch D. bring
13. The shoes he wore made his _______ look funny.
A. feet B. foots C. hand D. foot
14. This restaurant always _______ delicious dishes.
A. gives B. offers C. have D. serves
15. There is _______ sugar. You needn’t go to buy any.
A. plenty of B. a large number of C. a great many D. plenty
16. Hardly _______ sat down when the telephone rang.
A. did I B. had I C. I D. have I
17. The ______ candle is still _______.
A. lit…burned B. lighted…burning C. lit…burning D. lighted…burned
18. _______ come into leaf or bloom is obviously a sign of spring.
A. Trees B. The trees C. That trees D. What trees
19. _______ in the open air, wet clothes can get dry easily.
A. Hang B. Hanged C. Hung D. To hang
20. He doesn’t spend much time _______ his homework.
A. in B. with C. on D. for
Copyright © 2020 大牛教育成考网 粤ICP备18016435号